Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu.
The blessed month of ritualistic practice and great rewards has come to an end, However Eid-ul-Fitr is Tomorrow Alhamdulillah! (Praise be to All Mighty God, Creator of all the worlds).
What better time than to give myself a lesson in etiquette. The day of Eid is not merely a festive occasion. A Muslim can acquire great rewards as he/she moves closer to God if the day of Eid is spent in accordance to the teachings of our beloved Prophet (may the peace and blessings of Al'Mighty God be upon him).
Here are ten pointers I will try to adopt in order to make my Eid a special one:
1. To rise up as early as possible.
2. Take a bath (Ghusal) and Brush my teeth (Miswaak).
3. Wear my best clothes.
4. Apply a fragrance (itr).
5. Eat something sweet before departing for the mosque.
6. To give alms before leaving for the mosque.
7. Take part in the Eid prayer.
8. Walk to the mosque.
9. To recite dhikr while walking to/from the mosque.
10. Choosing a different route when returning home.